Tim & Debs

Thursday, May 04, 2006

One Down!

Yesterday Deborah was ill, in fact she's still recovering. She was vomitting throughout the night from late on tuesday to 6am on wednesday, all I could do was empty the sick bowl, give her some reassurance and try and stay awake.

Well, she's on the mend now, she's mainly been sleeping and resting and sleeping some more since then.

I'm so glad for my cast-iron stomach and my high tolerance to grim bodily excretions, it made cleaning up after Deborah a breeze.

It's strange being away from home when you're ill, all your usual safety nets are gone, no car to whisk her off to hospital, no medicine in the cabinet, I wouldn't even have known the number for the emergency services if it had all gone really wrong. So when you're feeling a little helpless all you can do is look to heaven and trust God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home