Tim & Debs

Friday, May 05, 2006

Bon Anniversaire Maman!

Well, it's just another work day really but I did want the world to know it was my mother's birthday today so please lift a glass or light a candle in a nearby cake and sing along with me! Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Mummy! Happy birthday to you!

En Francais, Fridays is a work party day. Oh, but before I get into that I should clarify that I'm better again! yay! Although the sad news is that Tim's has been struck down with the dreaded lurgy. Boo! I don't think he's as badly affected by it as I was so he should be back to his bouncy self in no time. However with this opportunity of him otherwise engaged I would like to point out some flaws in his previous posting. For those who may be a little behind the times France is actually quite civilised now and there is a pharmacy with all sorts of modern medicine, just a couple of minutes cycle ride from our accomodation. Many may also be aware that Tim's organisational skills are not at the top of his very long list of strengths, and so he has failed to notice A Rochas thoughtful list of emergency numbers including a list of several local doctors which is taped to the phone. Actually it has been a brilliant place to be sick! I've felt really cared for as people in the community here have been checking up on me whilst I've been stuck in bed and as I have felt a little bit better I've been able to wander and rest in the peaceful, green and warm grounds.

Back to the work party then. On Friday mornings everyone works together at this centre to tackle some of the garden projects. Todays' was the ongoing tree issue that we started when we arrived. The new strategy has been to let Francoise loose with a chainsaw and just to try and get rid of the piles of sawn off branches. At least we'll know through the winter they'll be able to remember us through the stick piles of fire wood!

We seemed to have timed our visit to France impeccably as we are now about to have a second bank holiday weekend! So hopefully we'll get a further taste of the local area to report to you all.
Finally, there seems to be a problem with leaving comments on our blog at the momment. I've changed some settings to hopefully make it easier so please try again if you have had problems! Alternatively you can always email us. We really enjoy hearing from everyone! Bye for now!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had awonderful birthday thanks to one friend who gave me coffee and a birthday cake, loads of friends with cards , other friends who have invited me for lunch and dinner and others who could not be fited in today , so I have had to extend my celebrations to tomorrow! hope tIM IS BETER SOON.
lOVE FROM mUM

12:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home