Tim & Debs

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Lament for Icarus

























Let the piper play in the street, let him wail, let the lament sing.
I have nothing to bemoan,
The train left and I'm still here.
I lament for I have nothing to lament!

All is laid bare, ripe and full, acres of choice,
I choose not for I have too much to choose.

Entertained, enhanced and eschewed. So I change channel after channel after channel. Applause, links, products, credits, actors, awards, skin, tears, speeches, applause.

The sin of lonliness, can't tell anyone or they'll lock you away, after all you've got the TV, DVD, Surround sound, dolby 5.1 Twenty-First century lifestyle! How dare you be lonely.

Emptiness the socially transmitted disease.
Should've used protection.
Went to the clinic and stood in-line, they gave me bread and wine, just a crumb and a sip to keep me hungry till next time.

Iniquities for Oxbridge, sin for me.
Pray in the chapel, practice sin at home.
The preacher man tells me for half-an-hour to not be ashamed.
I am ashamed that I am not ashamed.

So I should, but I do not.
I sin, therefore I am.
Where is the rain for tonight I need to fly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home